You are allowed to browse our Sites without giving us any personal information about yourself. Once you have chosen to provide us with your personal information, you are no longer anonymous to us, and you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States.
We are allowed to collect and store the following personal information:
- names, email addresses, phone numbers, physical contact information;
- data based on any of your activities on the Sites;
- any correspondence or information submitted or sent through or on our Sites, and correspondence sent to us;
- other information from your interaction with our Sites, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Sites, ad data, IP address and standard web login information; and
- other information from third parties, such as demographic and traffic data.
Our main goal in the collection of personal information is to give you a secure, effective, easy to use, personalized experience. You hereby grant us permission to use your personal information in the following ways:
Our Disclosure of Your Information
- To provide access to the Site and services provided and advertised thereon;
- To enforce our terms and conditions for use, and defend against possible prohibited or illegal actions;
- Personalize, measure, and enhance the services, content, and advertising offered on the Site;
- Provide you with information regarding special offers, website or policy updates, and targeted communications; and
- Examine information for accurateness, and verify it with third parties.
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety.
We may also share your personal information as outlined below:
Without limitation to the preceding, in every attempt to honor your privacy and our capacity to keep the Sites liberated from problematic users, we will in no way reveal your personal information to governmental agencies, law enforcement, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order, or materially comparable legal proof and documentation, with exception if we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is required to preclude impending bodily injury or financial loss or to inform law enforcement about potential violations of the law.
- We may share your information (including and without limitation, personally identifiable information) with our subsidiaries and affiliates, and related websites (the Sites). For example: to help identify and defend against potentially illegal activity as well as providing joint content and services;
- Contracted third parties who help with our business operations such as investigation of fraud, or bill collection.
- As required by federal, state or local law, judicial or administrative proceedings, or law enforcement and only as much information as is necessary and required for the specific verifiable request or proceeding.
Some pertinent things you should be aware of regarding cookies are that:
- Cookies are used to assist us in identifying you and to help keep you logged-in, which allows you to input your password less often during a session.
- Most cookies that we use are systematically eliminated from your hard drive at the end of a browser session or when you log off of the Sites.
- You have the ability to deny our cookies if your web client allows, although in so doing you may prevent or limit access to certain areas, features, or proper functionality of our Sites.
- You might receive cookies from a third party on particular pages of our Sites that we in no way control or regulate.
We may choose to provide product communications that are delivered through email, with an opt-out option, to users of our products or websites. In such event, we will make every effort to ensure that each communication is CAN-SPAM compliant but make no guarantee about such compliance.
Viewing and Making Changes to Your Personal Information
Contact information for business locations of eyecare professionals selling our products may be available on our Sites. You may view this information by logging on the Sites. You are required to revise your personal information quickly when a change occurs or if it is erroneous. Please contact us by email or via the Contact page at the website with any corrections, or if you want your information removed from the Sites. Upon your request, and as soon as it is reasonably practicable, your personal information will be removed and archived, if allowed under subsequently relevant laws. We may keep a record of personal information to abide by legal requirements, avert fraudulent activity, collect monies due to us, resolve disputes, regulate issues, cooperate with any investigations, enforce our terms and conditions, and likewise take other actions legally allowed.
Protecting and securing your information is of the highest priority to us. We consider the data we collect and your personal information to be an extremely valuable asset that should be protected. Your information is stored and processed on dedicated servers located in the United States that are protected by physical and technological security measures. We use many methods in good faith to safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access. However, as you may be aware, third parties may illegally intercept or access transmissions of your personal data or exchanges of information over the Internet, and there is the possibility that users may mistreat or mishandle your personal information that they find or gather during your interactions on the Sites. Consequently, while we go to great lengths to safeguard your privacy, we in no way guarantee, and you should not have the expectation, that your personal data or exchanges of information over the Internet will always remain private. Here is more about the security of your personal information.
- Email messages are not typically secure so we do not recommend sending us any critical financial information such as credit cards numbers, bank account numbers, or similar information via email. If you choose to provide this type of information via email, you do so at your own risk.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
David H. Dicker, Esq.
DICKER & DICKER, LLP
21550 Oxnard Street, Suite 550
Woodland Hills, California 91367-7121
Tel: (818) 704-1000
Fax: (818) 704-8000